* 100% natural, unrefined salt for horses provides essential trace minerals and triggers hydration
* Preferred by horses
* Keeping horses hydrated and healthy since 1958
Rock Crushed loose mineral salt is Redmond Rock in easy-to-feed granular form; makes it easy to vary amount of salt and minerals horse receives based on diet and activity levels. Contains 91% salt, 0.35% calcium, 0.002% phosphorus, 0.06% magnesium, 0.03% potassium, 0.12% sulfur, 10 ppm iodine, 300 ppm iron, 3 ppm copper and 1 ppm zinc.
Directions: Normal recreation - 1 scoop daily; Performance horse - 2 scoops daily. Scoop enclosed. Resealable pouch.
Redmond Rock plays an important role in providing essential trace minerals missing from many forages
Redmond Rock is a natural mineral sea salt harvested from deep within the earth in Southern Utah. Intensive farming practices have depleted most soils of these life-giving minerals, and crops grown on these soils with common N-P-K fertilizer are mineral deficient too.
Horses thrive on Redmond Rock’s minerals. Often, when first given the rock, mineral-deficient horses won’t leave it alone! Redmond Rock’s minerals can help bring a horse back into its natural mineral balance.
By including Redmond Rock as a free-choice mineral supplement in the pasture or stall, horses have access to the finest natural mineral source available, in the form that horses’ natural intelligence teaches them to seek.
How does it work?
Equine health trouble often begins with mineral deficiencies and dehydration. Redmond Rock is a perfect hydration trigger and provides the minerals and elements a horse needs to stay healthy.
Why Redmond Rock?
1. Better Hydration: All horses need a trigger to drink. Redmond Rock encourages them to drink and prevent devastating dehydration issues.
2. Electrolyte Balance: This is especially important for working horses that are sweating in their efforts.
3. Essential Minerals: Without these minerals, horse may be unbalanced and struggle with habits such as eating dirt and cribbing.
4. All-Natural: A hydrated horse is a healthy horse. The important balance of natural salt, minerals and water is vital to a horse’s health.
5. Lasts Longer: Redmond Rock lasts longer in the weather and will not crumble or dissolve in the rain or humidity like blocks tend to do. They may melt a little in extreme humidity.
6. Horses Love the Taste: The more the horse needs it, the more the horse licks it. And the more the horse drinks, the healthier the horse is!
This product may be suitable for use on organic farms. Please confirm with your certifier before using.